This question or issue has been quite a hit especially towards the male gender.
There are many possible factor that contributes the increase probability of getting the abovementioned inpairment and below listed are some emotional-related problems;
Impotence may also be due to physical causes:
- Reduced testosterone level, which can be treated with hormone therapy
- A side-effect from some medications, including meds for depression, heart disease, high blood pressure and epilepsy
- An injury to the groin, or nerve damage
- Illnesses including kidney or heart disease, or diabetes, can cause erectile dysfunction
- A reduction in blood flow to the penis, common in men who have hardening of the arteries
- Overuse or abuse of drugs including alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs
- A possible side-effect of some medical procedures, including prostate or urinary tract surgery
Are there any ways to treat impotence or erectile dysfunction?
Yes, there are.
Most physicians suggest that treatments proceed from least to most invasive. For some men, making a few healthy lifestyle changes may solve the problem. Quitting smoking, losing excess weight, and increasing physical activity may help some men regain sexual function.
Cutting back on any drugs with harmful side effects is considered next. For example, drugs for high blood pressure work in different ways. If you think a particular drug is causing problems with erection, tell your doctor and ask whether you can try a different class of blood pressure medicine.
Psychotherapy and behavior modifications in selected patients are considered next if indicated, followed by oral or locally injected drugs, vacuum devices, and surgically implanted devices. In rare cases, surgery involving veins or arteries may be considered.
It is always advisable to seek for medical assistance from the specialist or doctors. Practice good health and balanced diet to mantain quality lifestyle.