NERVOUS SYSTEM NOURISHING DIET
Use this diet to help relieve nervous tension, cramps, pain, anxiety, insomnia, bloating, constipation, dryness
Please just eat what is appropriate for you. If you are intolerant of any food or simply do not like it then please avoid it.
- This diet is to help raise the digestive fire and enhance the assimilation of nutrients which will help calm the nervous system.
- Emphasise foods that are warm, soupy and easy to digest.
- Eat at regular times.
- Eat to less than full.
- Practice relaxation.
- Avoid yeast, refined sugars, coffee, tea, tobacco, drugs, poor quality oils and extremely spicy foods as these aggravate the digestion and the nervous system.
- Favour foods that are warm, heavy, and oily as these nourish the nervous system.
- Reduce foods that are cold, dry, and hard as these aggravate digestion.
- Favour foods that are sweet (e.g. wheat, milk, rice), sour (e.g. vinegar, yogurt, umeboshi plums, citrus fruit), and salty as these are all nourishing.
- Reduce foods that are very spicy, bitter (e.g. coffee, chillies, green leafy vegetables), and astringent (e.g. apples, beans) as these aggravate digestion and disturb the nervous system.
- Dairy: all dairy products nourish the nervous system. Always boil milk before you drink it, mix with cardamom seeds and drink it warm. Don