Take this quiz to see if you might have eye allergies. Always consult your doctor if you suspect you have an eye condition needing care.
- Do allergies run in your family?
- Do your eyes often itch, particularly during spring pollen season?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with “pink eye” (conjunctivitis)?
- Are you allergic to certain animals such as cats?
- Do you often need antihistamines and/or decongestants to control sneezing, coughing, and congestion?
- When pollen is in the air, are your eyes less red and itchy when you stay indoors under an air conditioner?
- Do your eyes begin tearing when you wear certain cosmetics or lotions, or when you’re around certain strong perfumes?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, then you may have eye allergies. Make an appointment with an optometrist or ophthalmologist to determine the best course of action.