Cautious! Heating water using microwave may cause explosion!

I received an email from friends and it was about a 26yr old teen who used the microwave oven to heat up the water. The water blew up and hit his face which is very severe. I thought it was a hoax email but after searching it on the internet, it looks like there is a theoretical explanation to that.

Please avoid using microwave oven to heat up waters. Always use kettle or through the manual way, boils it with gas.

However, it does mentioned that, liquids with non-metallic object (such as a wooden spoon or stir stick) which were put into microwave heating can virtually eliminate the possibility of its happening. But for the safe sake, use the normal boiling using the gas to cook.

This entry was posted in Education. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *